Sunday, January 30, 2022

There's a fine line between genius & crazy mini album - Made with Tim Holtz STUFF-mostly....

I don't normally order stuff on line but I was soooo
excited to get some TH stamps - called "Good Thoughts"
and there it is - one on the front cover.

In putting the album together, I picked out all the tags and
big stuff from one or two of his ephemera packs.

It laid around for awhile because I didn't know what I wanted to do.
In the meantime, since it was laying about - I took some
gesso and whitewashed the pages because they
needed to be mussed up a bit to hold stuff.


And it looked cool.



Once I got rolling it came together but I did have to remind
myself to not overthink things. 

Those stamps and envelops are from my Grandpop's collection
and it's soo cool that I have them throughout my 
albums.

I did use some of my handdrawn stuff and
a few other things that weren't gonna go anywhere else
found a home.

Love that pouch that my pal Holli die cut for me (I have 2 more)
which is a great spot for journaling or more photos.

I did leave some room for other embellies to join in 
because sometimes with titles you find you lack a photo to match.

Honestly I love this style and I used to do this shabby chic/ancestry look a lot.

Ii found it fun to match things up and they way things
are adhered, photos and such can be tucked under if necessary.

I also figured room for matting and I fussy cut the "love this" title from
an old project life card.

Fussy cutting and punches came in handy. 
I love the big finger pointing hand.

And that rooster, swoon.
Picked that stamp up from my LSS - and so far....yum.

I tried doing something on the back and it didn't quite work out
and my attempts at a cover up aren't 
working out either.

So I may need to resort in a heftier cover up. 
I'll keep ya posted.

 

4 comments:

I'd Rather Be Scrapbooking said...

Lynn! This is awesome! I hope you share it again when you add the photos! I love Tim Holtz but it doesn't always match my style. I do love his BIG words stamps and the inks for sure! This mini albums is just super! TFS

Tara O said...

It's gorgeous!! I really like it!!!

Julia Mullie said...

This is great Lynn! I love Tim Holtz stuff! I love to watch his videos too but he's so long-winded. I am hoping to go shopping for some Tim Holtz stuff soon. I'd love to see this when you figure out what photos to put in & get the cover figured out. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Holli said...

this book makes me swoon! love every inch of it and you know how I feel about Timmy boy must get all things Tim Holtz lol