Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Making embellishments for a tag and a card

In exploring all the fun things one can do with paint, watercolors
and anything Tim Holtz (dyes, crayons, etc) I started
pages in a 7x9 album (check it out)
 using mixed media and then finding something
to do with said pages.
Some pages have photos and a layout was born, some pages
were of the "what was I thinking" concept.
Did I get a photo of this paper prior to whacking it up?
Nope.
However, here is a recreation after whacking it up. 
Notice the wonky circles.
I rock them.
Using a tiny corner, prior to totally whacking it up, 
I die cut some seashells and a tiny crab to use
for the adorable crab card I made using the
leftovers from my pal Hollie's cut file.
How stinkin' cute is that.

Oh and another sheet of premade watercolors was used
as the background.
When I looked again at the paper I pilfered the corner from
- I saw the circles
And thought what about those whacky round flowers
that are everywhere?
Of course can I cut competely round circles?
DOH.
Therefore, I sort of whacked out the circles and loved
them so much I freestyled the leaves and stems.
I KNOW!!!
I then thought "grass" was needed to I took regular scissors
and sliced the blades and mussed them up.
Love how it turned out.
Of course outlining was a must.
I am seriously challenged when it comes to drawing
of any kind so I am soooo jazzed at how
cute this turned out.

For my playdate at Holli's
I used mixed media paper from the Canson albums you
can get in the drawing section of M's or HL's.
I like that I am able to cut out tags any size I want... 
These two happened to be made the at the same time which
cleverly makes them look a lot alike.
I'm okay with that because they can look totally different
when mussed up more.
The tags below were made again at the play date because
I was able to "shop" Holli's endless supply of 
really cool stamps that I don't have
but love to have.
And if I don't like them as tags I can fussy cut them out or
cover them up. 
It all works.




 

2 comments:

Holli said...

i absolutely love our playdates and the crab card is sooooo stickin cute

D's Paper Studio said...

Wow! Love your mixed media work.