Tuesday, February 18, 2020

My new 7x9 mixed media album

I JUST KNOW YOU'RE EXCITED!!
I am because it's really fun.

I decided that the pages needed to be gessoed even
though it's deemed a "mixed media" book.
Canson from Hobby Lobby - and it does keep
the pages flat and it does "smear" different.

Tell me you can see a "horse" in this photo
or maybe a "knight"? 
as in chess?
And yes it's quite purple.

 Love the colors on this. 
I'm quite diggin' the bigger size I am really
getting bored with small sizes.
I'm so used to doing whatever size I please.
I miss that.
 This turned out quite monochromatic and soft.
Pretty.
 And then I got bored.
I broke out the dylusions and just went for it.
Mostly just smeared the paint around and
decided that some black dots were needed so
I broke out this huge stamp.
And went to town.
 These colors are fun too.
Just smearing the watercolors all over
using the packaging technique.
 And then I broke out the dylusions again.
I found that even "I" as unartistic as I am
can do swirls with a paint brush.
It took FOREVER for the paint to dry.
And it some cases it really wasn't totally dry.
I like it.
And of course nothing is complete without black splatters.

So now I have completely different paints
bright and soft.
While it's cool - it does blow the whole concept of
cohesiveness throughout.
Unless.............

2 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

I am excited~so cool!!!

Holli said...

these just made me smile and now i want to give it a try toooo