Sunday, February 21, 2021

Just doodling around

I was up late one night and I bought these mixed media
art journals to mess around with different
kinds of inks, paints, crayons, stamping and also
use them for journaling without all the creative stuff in it
so I decided why not mess around and doodle.
So I grabbed a black pen and graphite pencil and just
started messing around.
Now, I seriously have no drawing skills. 
However, I found I can draw flowers so I started with that.
And then birds, a really bad copy of some
Dina Whakely's birds but none-the-less they came out
seriously not bad.
I also did the backgrounds, my fussy cut doodlings are on.
Not bad for an amature.
I love how they came out. 
I colored them in with distress crayons and honestly 
using them like watercolors made my drawings look pretty good.
Surprised me too.
Found more backgrounds I did with TH inks and Nuvo shimmer paints 
because I did a lot of doodling that needed a background.
So I laid all these out and didn't adhere them because I
was not sure I want to add to the backgrounds
so just to keep things interesting
 I opened the window, next to my desk, 
and everything blew everywhere
Good thing I took a couple of photos LOL.
It'll be fun putting them all back together.

 

2 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

very cool!! Isn't mixed media fun?

Holli said...

loving them you are a great artist!