Sunday, February 14, 2021

Birthday cards

Tim Holtz style.
I really love the how they turned out.
The doily is a new die cut I got from Mitzi's and I
do not remember the name because I have it
hanging in a magnetic storage folder.
Well, it's a perfect fit and size and there are
2 doily dies and the smaller one tucks in the middle of the
larger one but I didn't do that here.
I used a piece of tissue paper and that flower tucks in
quite perfectly.
TH Abandoned paper and I used his inks and oxides
to make the background for the doily.
I even got carried away and added some balloons to the
envelope and used ink to paint them.
And TH stamps.
Oh and that flower is covering a stamping boo boo.

My pal Holli made this Arthur - so much better than mine.
Especially in the gluing department.
His colors were perfect for that pre-made background,
Good tip from TH to make backgrounds to have 
in your stash.
Worked for me.
The internet is a wonderful thing and found 
"you are not getting older
you are getting upgraded" off the internet.
I can't believe I didn't photo the inside. Cool, fun and
funky stamped words ransom style.
I really enjoyed painting the balloons.

Tim Holtz

Oh and the birthday boys middle name is Arthur.
And OH, I drew the balloon lines and yes its a big deal to me.
because yes I could screw that up LOL.

We had a lovely birthday dinner at my sister-in-laws house
and had fun with the nieces and nephew,

 

1 comment:

Holli said...

oh my goodness Arthur matches perfectly to the back ground yay!!!!