Wednesday, April 14, 2021

A challenge among friends!!! Oh what FUN!!

So my pal Brooke and I did a thing.
We challenged each other.
Goodbye comfort zones.

Here we go.
The challenge was to provide a sketch - 
and 5 things to incorporate in
said sketch.

My challenge to Brooke.
I love this sketch I found on Page Maps. 
No sense in drawing when you can get one from the best.
Her 5 things:
Mixed Media background
Work in the tag I gave her.
Thread or Twine.
Fussy cut something
Use her new TH alphas - the skinny ones that I love.

AND WA-LA!!!
Brooke totally rocked it!!!
Using stencils and inks in her background.
I LOVE how she did the title.
She rocked my tag - changed it up a bit and love it.
And fussy cut the butterflies.
Twine behind the tag.
She did work in 8x8 page.

A beautiful photo of her mom rounds it out.
Love love love how it turned out.
And we're so gonna do it again.
I need to get to pondering.
Again.


My challenge from Brooke went down like this.

A sketch she found on pinterest.
3 arrows 
(I struggle with arrows)
Nuvo drops
3 pattern papers
staples
paint


I work in 8.5x5 in my traveler's notebook so I took
it right down the middle.
I managed to work in 4 arrows - using pattern paper
and my arrows were PP but the anchors didn't come through LOL
however the tiny flowers are heart PP.
I did use 2 photos because I didn't want to
waste - I used 2 different sizes which worked out great
because it highlighted the 'rentz.
I used a doily as the "round" thing
The nuvo drops are in the flowers I drew and
on the tag.
The paint is on the homemade washi tape because
I really couldn't think of another way to
work it in.
So I made my own washi tape using Studio Calico
blush crush and arrow stamps with
versifine black ink.
Splattered some watered down paint.
I love how BOTH turned out.
It was sooooo much fun we're gonna do it again.
I'll keep you posted.







 

1 comment:

Holli said...

great challenges so fun