Wednesday, July 29, 2020

A lovely walk in the woods


It started out with Canadian Geese making a mess everywhere
on the way to the bridge so looking down was a good thing.
I took a photo of the map, well, because I felt it may come in handy later.
Not that I'm good with maps or anything but hey! be prepared.
I took the green path.
The path is a road, a really nice easy road to walk
 and to my dismay there is more than one road.
I figured to just stay on the outer edge.
How hard could that be...
Well..... I walked down this path partway yesterday to
the beautiful bench and scene of the Mississippi River 
so I felt comfortable and I was staying on the outer edge.
It was beautiful down the path and there was a break
in the wooded action to this lovely waterway.
On the way I saw a couple squirrels scurring about and
squealed like a girl when a gray rock
jumped up at me from the path.
The frog seemed as startled as I was and before
I had the presence of mind to snap his pix he was down the road.
At the end of the this road I ended up in a ball field and playground.
Studying the map did I find a ball field?
Nope.
Did I want to be a girl and go back the same way I came.
Nope.
As I decided that maybe I needed to take a left at this fork
in the road this beautiful doe caught my eye.
Apparently, I caught her eye, too, as we were eyeing each other up
as I creeped down the path wanting a closer photo of course.
Actually, I really wanted  to just get closer.
Of course I'm trying to sweet talk baby girl as I casually stroll
(which is better than creeping) in order to get closer.
Well...she strolled on into the woods I guess not liking what she saw.

I kept on the course where I saw the deer and came up to a highway
and decided that maybe google maps might be of some
assistance.
Nope.
Was I getting a tad nervous.
Nope.
I still had my map LOL.
And pretty scenes to see sooo.......
Out pops another deer.
I had the same chit chat with this one trying to get
closer and she seemed as curious about me as I was her.

So I did get a bit closer and of course, she ran off into the woods.
Again.
But to my surprise there was a sign nailed to a tree.

Aaaannnd it said Tioga Spur.
That rang a bell so off I went on the spur and found 
this hill which I was familiar with because it was on my
first walk in the woods where I kept on the same straight road
and noticed this road (of course I was at the top debating did I want
to take this that day) and did I?
Nope.
However, I knew that I was on the right path home.
Whoohoo..

It was a 3 mile tour on a 1.3 mile loop.
LOL.

No comments: