Friday, May 29, 2020

The Road to Pike's Peak

This is the entrance and of course there's a fee.
And you don't get a map till you get to the visitors/gift store.
They had good coffee.

BUT THE VIEWS ARE BREATHTAKING.
L👀K


 We get to Site 13 and that is as far as one can go by car.
Conveniently, there's a shuttle that will take you the rest of the way.
Well.........
we didn't take the shuttle.

 One might asKwhy?
A couple of reasons for sure...
1. I HATE HEIGHTS
2. I HATE THOSE ROADS
3. WE WERE BOTH FEELING THE ALTITUDE BY THEN
we were about 12,000 feet.
 We did find bigfoot though.
  Of course, these were my favorite death defying windy roads
with hair pin turns and knuckleheads that try to push you to go faster.


 The view out to the valley was amazing and if I looked straight out I was good.
 More or less.

 The weather kept spinning on a dime.
And then the storm started moving in and you could
see the rain lines and actually at some
point we were above the clouds.


And then of course the ride down is as much fun as the ride up.

3 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

Been there and understand the high altitude for sure, but it is beautiful.

Susanne said...

I was there once in my youth and don't remember much about it. I like the idea of being above the clouds, although I am more leary of heights than I used to be.

Holli said...

breath taking one day i hope to get there