Wednesday, May 27, 2020

It started innocently enough - A tag's evolution


Actually it did, I was fooling around with my new TH oxide sprays (peacock feathers, mustard seed, abandoned coral, cracked pistachio and picked raspberry) spraying the tag in my sketchers shoebox to keep the spray down to a mild roar. I must have skipped a step or two because the sprays were like spritz and weren't melding together, so I took a paintbrush and straightened that out.

I'll be needing to review those videos again.

So on the left, I hand wrote "keep it simple" because I thought it went well with the snarky phrase at the bottom which totally summed up how I was attacking the tag.

WELL....I decided that what I wrote wasn't bold enough, so with supreme confidence I tried to go over the writing with a sharpie.
           It didn't go well and basically it turned into a big black blob that worked its way into a smear.

Enter more ephemera because when you have a big black blob that needs covering up what better way than to add more stuff.

I have a stash of precut dies (so I don't have to break it out every time) and sometimes I get lucky when the colors work out. So I kept adding and couldn't seem to stop and I especially couldn't stop until the big black blob was fixed.

Can you really have too much stuff on a tag.
   Um Nope.


2 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

So cute Lynn!!! Isn't creating fun :):)

Holli said...

loving this tag,, that stamp looks familiar LOL