Sunday, May 24, 2020

I'm totally hooked on the Tim Holtz Tags

Say Tim Holtz Tags 3-times FAST.
LOL.
These were so much fun to make.
Fortunately, my pal Holli has a ton of TH stamps and we had
a great time at her place making these tags.
These were stamped on regular watercolor paper by Canson.
(sorry Tim) I'm hoarding yours LOL.
Anyway, after watching his demos (using Ranger products)
I jumped in and found that regular watercolor paper 
 doesn't flow as well as the Ranger products.
Once I put oxide inks on the Canson watercolor paper
 I couldn't mush it around.
The ink stayed right where I put it turning out bold and bright 
and no matter how much water I used I couldn't
diffuse the ink and make it softer.
 I was bummed at first that it didn't work
like the demos 
 DOH.....
However, it was fun - and I think I'll continue to use both products
now that I know what's what 
because I like what I get from both.
 

2 comments:

Holli said...

love love love love what can i say i love them

Connie Mercer said...

Love these and that mixed media vibe!!