Sunday, September 27, 2020

Mixed Media - Twelve and then some

This was a fun page to make, however, if you skim
down, I made it for the photo of my favorite, fearless eldest son
jumping out of a perfectly good airplane but the colors
didn't work. At. All.
However, this page of Owen turning 12 is perfect.
It turned out really fun.
Lots of TH - using the oxides sprays.
I'm still trying to get the hang of the sprays, etc.
stamps, but the embellishment side of it.
I still scrapbook it LOL.
However, it turned out using the packaging technique
and some stencils from Art-C and some
Tim Holtz tags and embellies.
The title was done with stamps I bought from M's
and even though I have the packaging - there's no name.
I also use some same stamps from the Art-C.
Thanks to my pal Holli who gifted me with this
TH die cut of flowers.
Love the colors!!!
Those butterflies are made of wax paper. I find
that if you layer in wax paper when die cutting
intricate dies - it helps pop them out easier and the
wax paper does make a cool embellie.
This was a premade page - using watercolors.
Had a lot of fun making these pages and as I said
I'm feeling my way. 
I also found these pages are sticking together so I'm
only doing one side with photos in this album as well.
In this album which is a mixed media watercolor album I gessoed
the pages and I think that is the sticky culprit.
I'll keep you posted.

 

1 comment:

Holli said...

oh my goodness those pages rock and using wax paper who knew need to steal that