Thursday, January 16, 2020

Watercolors - learning curve

Well this started out with flowers that were
pretty but just like out there.
I decided that the brick wall was required because my
drawing skills are meh and the seemed
to be floating in air and needed to be grounded.
Love the balloon stamp and writing, however
that one blob over to the left can be gone it just doesn't fit.
I'll work on that.
 This page started innocently enough with leaves.
However, I had a total wardrobe malfunction and
ended up covering it all up with white
enamel paint as there was no amount of fixing with watercolors.
Also added were the fairies.
You can see them better in the picture than real life
but I think they're a fun addition.
 I tried the leaves again and this time
it didn't turn out so bad.
The pine cone is iffy and I do love the lantern.
The pinecone??? come see come saw. lol
 Somewhere along the line I have ballerina stamps.
Who knew and looks fun on this page.
 And then I found my mushroom stencil that looks
a bit likea whacky impressionist painting because
after I painted over it I decided it needed more oommph
and it was a bit wet.
And then there's the sun 😐
 This one came about because I was tired of swirling
paint and decided that lines were needed.
The butterflies were an after thought
that probably should've been not thought of at all.
LOL.
A well it's a work in progress and huge learning curve.

1 comment:

Holli said...

love love love love all the pages....the watercolors are absolutely beautiful!!!!