Thursday, February 3, 2022

Playing around with stamps, oxides and crayons

When I'm in a creative mood and have no photos
to scrap and journaling to write
I like to keep the juices flowing by messing around.
I get a bunch of stamps and pull out whatever mediium 
that rocks my mojo and let'r rip.
So the leaves are a cling stamp and I used oxides.
I used a multitude of crayons and then rubbed vintage photo
distress ink over them. 
It covers a lot of sins and make things stand out.
I also traced the leaves with a graphite pencil and did a
scribble thing I saw on line only it looked way better when 
they did it. 
I'll probably fussy cut these leaves.
This flower stamp annoys me because no matter how
I stamp it just doesn't all come out.
I use a rubber mat, a brayer, and glass. 
Anyway, it looks really cool when using the oxides
by doing the tap and scrape method as
nothing is perfect.

Crayons on the stamped flowers.
I decided to not rub distress ink over these 
and I do love that method, but I can always add it.

My friend Holli is the proud owner of these stamps
and we get together and crop and swap so I
always stamp a few to take home with me, actually
I do several stamps mostly because the first
few don't come out right, but I have a stash because
if it really looks fun and cool why
not use them often.

These were done with the crayons.
As you can tell I love the crayons. 

They'll be used for journaling cards, embellishments, etc and the
bonus is they're premade. It'd be fun to build a page
around them. Just sayin...

I wish I could tell you the colors but I pull out all that I own
and after I use one I toss it on the pile and then...
well...no names of the crayons.

All was done on watercolor paper.

 

2 comments:

Tara O said...

These are really gorgeous!

Holli said...

love your coloring skills they look great!