Friday, February 11, 2022

Easter cards for the Grands

I decided to take a different approach to the cards
which is why I jumped to Easter and 
totally forgot about St. Patricks Day.

I decided that I wouldn't do the cards like an assembly
cookie cutter line and making them all the same.
I KNOW!
However, I do love a good challenge and I was giving
myself enough time because I started day before yesterday
and finished up today, when I had a month or so......
💓

So while trying not to do cookie cutter thing I did  a "sort of " alike
yet different. I found I didn't have an inordinate amount
of bunnies in my stash soooo...there are some 
similarities.
I also wanted them kind of fun and goofy and adorable.
😬

So using Tim Holtz dies, stencils, stamps, crayons, distress
and oxide inks.
Dina Whakely stamps on the birds pretending
to be chicks in the card below.

Those hopping rabbits make me laugh.
The pink card is prima stamps and I adore the set.
The carrot is TH.


I also had a birthday stamp with a bunny in a basket flying high
which I thought was funny - using watercolor papers
and inks and oxides to color I love that it's different.
 Actually, the watercolor ink look going on were all premade
papers done just waiting to be used.
And I'm proud to say I busted my stash and have to
create more.
Ah gee......
The little trees are quickutz.

I did make a second little girl, because  it
so adorable the first time, and, I have 2 granddaughters-sooo
it was a perfect fit, I even matched hair color, the rest of the grands
are boys. And yeah, some of these cards are kinda girly
I think it all work.

Yeah they're pretty much girly. 
I love them though it and was really fun to create
different looking cards.
Except for the insides - they look like the inside above 
only different colors and shapes. 
Mostly. 
Most of the papers is a really old Dear Lizzy 6x6 pad.

 

1 comment:

Holli said...

loving the bunnys>>