Monday, March 1, 2021

Babcock Webb Wildlife Management Refuge

So yesterday we did what most old folks do - we took a Sunday drive. 
Florida has a lot of cool parks and areas that are
chock full of cool things. 
Like this amazing lake at sunset.

Who doesn't love a woodstork.
They remind me of grumpy old men.
An egret strolling through a swampy area
trolling for a meal.

A anahinga drying it's wings.
It actually held that pose as we traveled down the road
and back again until he was on my side
of the car.

We did see a couple of deer only was able to capture this one.
They are quite fleet of foot.
A doe and fawn and I mean itty bitty fawn like a couple
weeks old flew by us in front of the
car. I was too busy praying don't get hit and
didn't get a photo.
Actually they were *that* quick.

The road on to amazing critters and look at that
gorgeous sky.
Twas in the balmy 80's and a great day for a ride.

These guys just cracked me up.
Hanging out.

What can I say - cows love me and this one
was soooo pretty in the swamp.

A sunset photo on the lake.
And where were the birds because that would've been cool.
They're headed to their roost for the evening.

This was a very popular swamp chockful of birds.
Until I took the picture LOL.

Sand Hill Crane taking off.

A anahinga snatched up his dinner.

Fun day!!!
The animals came out to play eventually.
They were tough to find.

2 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

gorgeous photos!!!

Holli said...

great pics love your nature pictures