Sunday, January 17, 2021

Travelers Notebook - Concertina fold

Technically, it's Adele's (Inky Quills) fault because I
have watched her whip these folds up a few times.
Effortlessly.
Therefore, I thought why not give it awhirl.
How hard can it be.
Well....
It's tricky especially if one's fingers aren't real nimble.
Also, I used wet glue and couldn't figure
out which side the clue should go.
I'll watch the vid again.
I double backed this page because the front looked
weird to me. 
Not quite as um uniform shall we say.
Anyway, using the colors from the tissue paper
more or less, I die cut the and punched
the flowers. Buttons galore on the buttons
and sequins. .
And the canning jar just was soooo neat.
I stamped it in grey on mixed media paper and
thought I would stamp flowers on it.
And for some reason I fail to remember, it didn't work.
You can see the stems down there soooo
I added some butterflies and a saying.
I am really happy with that.
It surprised me.

So what to do with the back side of the concertina fold and
not be too much of a copy cat because I love
that flower page.
Anyway some TH to the rescue (which caused me to sort
a bunch of stuff out - because I thought tossing
everything together in one big bin
was a good idea) and found some really fun
ephemera to work in.
But first, I created that background page from Dristress Inks,
assorted stamps in the background. 
That was a lot of fun to do...
And the sentiment is sooooo true.

I love doing filler pages and it's been especially fun since
I quite worrying about storage and space.

 

1 comment:

Holli said...

loving the jar and flowers and the color scheme is great!