Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Using other mediums in my "watercolor" album

Because of limited space in my area I ditched
a lot of other mediums I had but
thankfully I didn't ditch the gelatoes.
Mind you, I didn't use them much before but they
are small enough to tuck them in somewhere and in
binge watching Missy Whidden (who's u-tube as hacked
and finally restored) uses gelatoes quite liberally
so therefore I had to be a copy cat.
Love the results.
Bold and fun, though if I need them softer, gesso to the rescue.
 Back to watercolors here, but I did purchase a new
stencial prior to all the stores closing down and
I love the "fireworks".
 AND then I had also kept a small stash of mists.
Mostly Studio Calico Mr. Huey
and THAT was to spray and let run.
AND THEN, I remember stickles from Studio G.
They were really popular back in the day and sort of
went out of vogue but I had some silver and
doesn't it look really cool.
 And picked up this cute butterfly stamp in the same
shopping spree and love how they're
watercolored randomly around the page.
They'll be easy if fussy cutting is on the agenda.
 This is kind of a stencil fail. 
It was too watery and leaked about but I learned
about "pencil" lines and one does not need to be
an artist to slap some pencil marks around.
AND there's always gesso to cover up and get a do-over.
Or just plop a photo there.
 AND then, I decided that the cover needed to be jazzed up.
Enter dylusions.
It's loud and psychedelic.
And then the title - I embraced my inner Lisa Fonseca
(check her out on u-tube) she handcuts everything.
From scratch.
Sigh.
She can handcut perfect alphas like nobody's business
without drawing them out first.
I drew out my letters first - and I love how they
work with the wildness.
I do not remember the mfg for the other dodads on there
except for the bird - that is a fussy cut stamp.
I'm likin' the bigger size because the TN is kinda restrictive
so we'll see how this one rolls.


1 comment:

Connie Mercer said...

These are really cool!! I need to get back to this kinda of art. You inspire me to do just that :)