Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Traveler's Notebook update - Maine

This little album is getting quite full and I since we are
heading to our winter home I'd like to 
finish it in this album.
It's gonna be tight because I can't seem to be able to do this
without dimension.
Love my bags and tucking in journaling and since
we stayed 2 weeks in Maine - I decided to condense the journaling
on one tag.
I was quite chatty.
Also using up fun PL cards that I had forever and this
adorable one is from Paper Issues.
It was quite nippy in Maine going down to the 30's
and we were more or less getting over it.

        Because of COVID restrictions (or maybe not) we need to make a reservation to ride up to Cadillac Mountain. Which we did. It was cold up there, lots of wind and not a lot of parking which also may be the cause of reservations.

I also kept the check from "The Traveling Lobster" roadside eatery which was totally delicious. We finally got to go - the crowd was always around the block and it was quite nippy to stand outside and wait. We found that timing is everything and having an early dinner helped. We also took it to go. We were quite bummed because we didn't have a good experience with other restaurants - food just wasn't up to the expensive pricing in a few we did try and because of that experience we didn't eat out much.
Of course we found some lighthouses in our ride about the harbors.
Bass Harbor, Egg Rock and Prospect Harbor.
Love how the embellishment fit into that doily. I do adore doilies and decided that it was simple enough to highlight and trying to avoid dimension - I may go back and splatter some mist around or not.
I did find a tiny scrapbook shop in Bar Harbor inside a fabric store and was really delighted. There wasn't a big selection but I did find this cute Little Yellow Bicycle embellishments. Above is our run from Maine to Pennsylvania. We watch the weather closely and about the time we were leaving Maine - high wind warnings were coming and we wanted to get ahead and not have to drive through them. We hit PA and then headed back to our friends in NJ since high winds and storms were coming down the line. We are now heading back to Florida - taking the long way.  Currently, we are in a lovely camp in South Carolina where were gonna hunker down for about a week and then stroll on into Florida to vote.
 

2 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

so cute ~ keep it up!!

Holli said...

loving it!!!! the lighthouse and boats make me swoon thanks for sharing