Sunday, November 13, 2022

Christmas Cards for the Grands

Except for these 4 I decided to do different cards
instead of doing them all the same.
I do love this 6x6 paper packet by Dare to be Artzy.


Then I found a really really good sale somewhere
on the road at a Hobby Lobby and
practically bought them out.
It was mostly Christmas stuff which is unusual
for me - and I thought if I start now,
which I did,
I can use every single one of my new dies in some fashion,
which I did.
The picture on the die set also showed a car that I
found as I was making this car did not
come with the set.
That kinda bummed me out because it looked even cuter.

I have to admit is took me a minute to figure these 2
dies out. LOL. Sad very sad.
The dies are Sissix with a couple of Spellbinders tossed in.

This house is actually for a birthday party die cut set
but it turned out really cool for Christmas.
And I found some polka dotted vellum in my stash.
And I did go crazy with the white paint splatters
using the ole toothbrush method that
can get mighty messy.
But worth it.

Then I went nuts with the toothbrush method again 
using Nuvo Shimmer powders.
golden sparkler and solar flair.
love them.

Did I mention I also have Christmas Stamps.
This is Tim Holtz.
And then I remembered I have those 3D texture dies
from TH and gasp - they could pass for
snowflakes if one uses their imagination.
Stormy Sky distress ink.
I'm thinking the eyes look creepy and
the hat is homemade and the
mustache is from another die
and the branches come from Oliver.
And the circles came from my circle scissors
as my dies wouldn't have worked and
my punches were too small.

More TH stamps and using his
crayons and a white gel pen for Santa's hat.

Another card using the Daring to be Artzy papers
and tags that are fun.

and more white toothbrush splatters.

And fussy cut trees from one of the papers.
Now I just have to figure out who gets what.



 

No comments: